Pages

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Voice Changes

I'm still figuring out my voice. I used to have a writing voice forever ago. I felt confident in who I was on my blog. I felt confident in writing. I didn't worry too much about offending people. I didn't edit every thing to the point of being vanilla ice cream. I didn't remove the nuts, chocolate swirl and caramel. I wasn't just a blank boring canvas.

I wasn't a fluffy white cloud.

This is a bad analogy because I love clouds and I'd love to be a fluffy white cloud. It's carefree. It's slowly zooming across the sky and changing shapes and dissipates and its whole cloudy life is figured out.

I don't have it figured out like a cloud.

I'm scared.

I feel like I'm just writing the same thing over and over again using different words. I guess I'm trying to figure out what to do here. What do I want to do here that will keep me coming back instead of running away. I want to do something that's me.

What's me?

I guess that's what I'm trying to figure out again.

No comments: